These divisions allow all ages of dancers to compete fairly by dancing against couples in their own age group as well as skill level.
New at NuLu Open
- Songs will be played 90 seconds.
- You may compete for over all in your division + one division above
- You may compete in up to 3 eligible age divisions.
This is for brand new competitors. This division uses all basic timing for the dances. This is your entry level amateur division.
This is for experienced competitive dancers. If you have competitive experience in another dance form, you should start here. There are no timing restrictions in this division.
This is for very experienced competitive dancers, who have previously graduated from the Novice division. No timing restrictions in the intermediate division.
This division is for professional competitive dancers who have not yet qualified for the equivalent of Masters. No timing restrictions.
Classic Professional Couples
This is like the Masters division with no showdance 😉
Showcase Couples (Couples & ProAm)
Dance to your current showcase competition music. See eligible music here
These divisions allow all ages of dancers to compete fairly by dancing against dancers in their own age group.
We offer 8 age classifications:
- Youth 1 - 9 and under
- Youth 2 - 10-13
- Youth 3 - 14-17
- Open - All ages
- Adult 1 - 30+
- Adult 2 - 40+
- Adult 3 - 50+
- Adult 4 - 60+
How it your age classification determined?
Your age classification will determined by the age of both partners on the Friday of the event. Both partners must meet the age classifications for the division entered.
Dancing in eligible age classifications:
- You can dance up to 3 eligible age classifications.
- Youth dancers are eligible to dance in their own age classification and up to 2 older age classifications, including the Open age classification.
- Adult dancers are eligible to dance in their own age classification and up to 2 younger age classifications including the open age classification.