CLASSIFICATION OF DANCERS
New at NuLu Open...
PROFESSIONAL: A Professional Dancer is one who is any or all of the following:
- One who partners a Pro/Am Student in a Pro/Am Competition.
- One who partners a dancer in a Pro/Pro Competition.
- One who competes in an Open Professional Division.
- One who who declares himself or herself a Professional by making a full time living as a dance professional in any form of dance.
AMATEUR: An Amateur Dancer is one who is any or all of the following:
- One who competes as the Amateur in a Pro/Am Partnership.
- One who competes with an Amateur partner in Amateur Couples division
- One who competes in an Amateur Linedance division
Amateur Dancers who are found to be in violation of any of the above definitions, will not be permitted to continue to compete in our competitions as an amateur. Amateur Dancer may be restored upon application to our event.
How does an amateur become a professional?
- By the declaration of such By entering an open professional division. By entering a Pro/Pro division.
These divisions allow all ages of dancers to compete fairly by dancing against dancers in their own age group.
We offer 8 age classifications:
- Youth 1 - 9 and under
- Youth 2 - 10-13
- Youth 3 - 14-17
- Open - All ages
- Adult 1 - 30+
- Adult 2 - 40+
- Adult 3 - 50+
- Adult 4 - 60+
How it your age classification determined?
- Pro/Am - Pro/Pro - Amateur Linedance: Your age classification will be the your age at the time of the Friday of the event.
- Amateur Couples: Your age classification will determined by the age of both partners on the Friday of the event.
Which age classifications can I dance in?
- You can dance up to 3 eligible age classifications.
- Youth dancers are eligible to dance in their own age classification and up to 2 older age classifications, including the Open age classification.
- Adult dancers are eligible to dance in their own age classification and up to 2 younger age classifications including the open age classification.