These divisions allow all ages of dancers to compete fairly by dancing against competitors in their own age group as well as skill level.
New at NuLu Open
- You may compete for over all in your division + one division above
- You may compete in up to 3 eligible age divisions.
This is for more serious newer competitors. This division will follow all basic timing for the 8 Country dances.
This is for experienced competitive dancers. If you have competitive experience in another dance form, you should start here. There are no timing restrictions in this division.
This is for very experienced competitive dancers. If you have graduated from a Novice division, or at a silver level from other competitive dance styles, this level is for you. No timing restrictions in the intermediate division.
This is for the best amateur dancers who have chosen to not be professionals, just yet. This is the highest level of amateur level dancing with their Instructor. No timing restrictions in the advanced division.
These divisions allow all ages of dancers to compete fairly by dancing against dancers in their own age group.
We offer 8 age classifications:
- Youth 1 - 9 and under
- Youth 2 - 10-13
- Youth 3 - 14-17
- Open - All ages
- Adult 1 - 30+
- Adult 2 - 40+
- Adult 3 - 50+
- Adult 4 - 60+
How it your age classification determined?
Your age classification will be the your age at the time of the Friday of the event.
Dancing in eligible age classifications:
- You can dance up to 3 eligible age classifications.
- Youth dancers are eligible to dance in their own age classification and up to 2 older age classifications, including the Open age classification.
- Adult dancers are eligible to dance in their own age classification and up to 2 younger age classifications including the open age classification.